Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The return of Russ

Warning: This will be poorly written. Arguably, all my posts are so keep your expectations low.

I'm still working on the Twila story. It is slow going as I am studying for a securities exam. Economics and reality of daily life demand I gain an income. Yawn.
I am currently fascinated by the lack of responsible journalism produced by our local paper. It is my opinion is not really interested in opinion. It has a section devoted to it. The depth of analysis is liken to a trailer park kiddie pool.
In the midst of the most contraversial legislative session since the Sharpsburg scandal, the local paper exhibited integrity of Pravda and the analysis of John Madden without the obvious.
Enough of that, I wish them luck on Texas Ave. and only remind them that by losing respect of reporting FULL stories, it won't be long until you lose the respect of your readers. To err on the side of omission is a disgrace. Please notice that I reciprocate that disrespect because the name that you publish on the front is no longer worthy of mention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

preach it mist-a ! so glad you're back. I thought you were dead !!!!!

~paj

Anonymous said...

some publications (maybe just one) have seen the light: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23400983-details/BBC+accused+of+institutional+'trendy+left-wing+bias'/article.do

RL

Harry said...

Yes, I was starting to think you had joined some cult that didn't believe in the Internets or something. Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back...

WmSon said...

There're actually on Avenue J, not Texas. 710 Ave J, if memory serves.

Not much on the op-ed page but, hey, they do have a golf blog written by the editor.