Thursday, September 18, 2008

As the meat office turns





I'm training a new assistant manager. The motel owner where we "house" our transient employees called to complain about our new hires' family. Evidently, he has his wife, her brother and his wife, and a friend and his wife. So that's 6 adults by my count in one room. The motel owner also stated that they have 2 cats and 2 dogs. That's 10 heartbeats in the same hovel. JEEZ! The owner was gracious and said they had a day to move out.

I confronted the newbie about this predicament, to which he replied, "we canint afford no double room or nothin like that."

I said, "You should look into getting a house."

"WELP, what the fuck are they so upset about? Aint like they aint gettin thare money."

"True but they own the place and they want you out today."

"Thats bullshit, we paid, hell in Mississipi they caint do that shit."

"Welcome to Texas. I would start east of MLK on your house hunt."

No comments: