Monday, March 31, 2008

Slaughterhouse Five

On my trip back home from Decatur, I listened to Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut on audio via CD. (Ethan Hawke does an amazing job on this.) It was great. I am definitely going to experience more books in this way.

Decatur

What Decatur really needs is a Barnes and Noble and a Costco and the cycle of Planoization will be complete. PROGRESS indeed!

Ponderosa Bar B Que

If your ever out Dickens way, be sure and grab some of this grub. Good people and excellent authentic Texan cuisine. Were talkin if you knew this was your last meal this is what you want good.

To whomever was doing the Seymour Lady Indians softball radio broadcast Friday night,

You guys need to bottle that up and sell it nationwide. Good stuff.

Guthrie bypass

Thank God it is almost done! The damn traffic in that town rivals the 405 in L.A. PROGRESS indeed! (I think "they" saw what happened to Austin in a decade and "they" aint gonna have that shit up in Guthrie by God.)

No Country for Old Men

I was having an almost perfect weekend. Old friends, family, pleasant and good times. Great ride there, great ride back, everything is all good. So I'm sitting with my locale buds at the gettin beer place. We are winding down and close to going home as we are discussing movies. I say Michael Clayton was cool. blah blah... I am Legend..blah blah.. Then outta nowhere K says, "Dont watch that No countree for ole men movee...it sucks!"

I say, "O'rly" (I am a huge fan of this movie and all that is Coen Brothers....as if you can't tell.)

K says, "I like that one dude with the cowboy hat and the monee...then all the sudden hees deaad..don know wha happen..what thee heell is tha?...and tha ending aint no ending."

Now R is looking at me and I am giving that look back that says this fucking guy is an illiteretard ....even though he is entitled to his opinion... even though it totally sucks. You know what I'm sayin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a shocking ending, you have to admit. Have you seen There Will Be Blood ?
My favorite Cohen movie is O Brother. It's a classic.

btw, I'm a Lubbock native and good friends with Todd P.

Take care!