Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New Math

I get some satisfaction out of seeing the drawn faces of despair on the trading floors of Wall Street. I do not feel sorry for them, accept for the one or two honest ones there might be around. I always knew that "new math" was going to lead us to ruin. I've been sayin it since the 4th grade. I wonder how many of them will lose their house?

Bailout? Worst piece of economic legislation since the "stimulus" deal. There will be more to come. Once this thing starts, historically it ends with complete collapse of financial system. (See Weimar Republic) It is unavoidable. Not such a bad thing in my estimation. A good purge might teach us all a lesson. Unfortunately, this lesson is going to hurt everyone very badly for a long time.

An old Clayton Williams quote about rape, which is always inappropriate, comes to mind. Barring that misstep, I think Obama has got this election thing sewn up. He might not want the job by January.

No comments: