Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happiness New Year

Every year with the Maggie Dog is a good year. I got her in 1998. As I type this she is gnawing on a ham bone left over from the black eyed peas pot. I'm sure after that she will be off to the king size bed for her siesta. She lays with her head on the pillow, the only sound coming are her deep breaths and the soft smacking of her jaw. Simple and comforting, but always an ear for her favorite sounds. The food hitting her bowl, the jingle of the truck keys, or the voice saying... "Maggie, walk, ride, treat."

Maggie is a good dog!

Last year I gave up the relentless pursuit of early death, the agony of breathing and dialysis treatment, and the bane of cancer. All of these things could happen anyway, but why push it any further along.

I slept late today because I could and it felt good to. I cannot remember the last New Year's Day I woke up feeling so clear and alive. That is a great feeling and I'm going to share my good news with the world.

This year I'm sure what I am going to do.


I am going to do the right things as best I can..i.e. spend more time with family.

I am going to work harder and smarter than I ever have.

I am going to do something for the greater good of my community.


If I can do all of that, then that will good enough for me.

I hope you have a Happy New Year full of focusness, trickeration, and nonsensicalities!

Oh and one more thing. Go Tech!

2 comments:

BeautifulDisaster311 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kingfish said...

Nice try:)