Monday, June 26, 2006

Roam




I have several things I want to do before I become a stiff. One is hike the Appalachian Trail.

I have read about people that have these so-called lists of things to do before you die. Too Oprah for me, although it seems to be something that might be beneficial. Accept, I think I would be good at telling other people what they should do. Which leads me to my rant.

Fucking Psychologists! They are supposed to be able to help people with personal problems. I have been to a psychologist and it seemed to me that they had very little to offer. No advice. Insight and wisdom is limited to the ability to book the next appointment. Great deal for them. One thing that they are good at is writing prescriptions.

I think you get better personal advice from an attorney, at least that has been my experience.

List of things not to do in life. My advice to men. Sorry ladies, I just think your gender might be a lost cause, hence the trip to psychologist.

1. do not marry, date, harbor, or trust a dishonest woman. (might be single forever)
2. do not smoke cigarettes
3. do not be unhappy at work
4. never draw to an inside straight

Obviously there are more. Here are things to do.

1. Think
2. Think
3. Think
4. Try not to do stupid things.

Aristotle said, "to die will be an awfully big adventure." I will spare you the carpe vino speech.


Is it football season yet?

No comments: