Wednesday, August 09, 2006

While my sitar gently weeps.














Last night I was watching PBS. Dont ask, that aweful chick that does that lame show Strangers with Candy that got cancelled on Comedy Central has a movie out of the same name and was on Letterman. Anyway, I got a chance to watch the Concert for Bangladesh.

It was good. I did some research about it on Al Gore's fancy internet at Wikipedia.com.
Would have been cool if Lennon would have showed without Yoko.

Thats the backround on last night, now here comes the rub. You know what happens during a really cool PBS show. They cut it off and go to some nerd turd in a tie hawking CD and DVD's of the event for $400. Hello people...if we had $400 to give to fucking PBS we would be doing something other than watching PBS! Gas is $18 a gallon and you want how much for a concert laden with electric sitar? IT AINT HAPPENIN.

But then it occured to me, there are alot of people that are much nicer and kinder than me in the world, and they are at home watching and getting out there over charged credit cards to give. I imagine these people to be the kind of people that live in an upper middle class neighborhood. They got a nice house, two nice cars, and the trappings of middle class poor. I say poor because they probably have debt up to their eyeballs and have to work two jobs. If one job is lost, everything goes with it in three months.

Which brings me to this random fact I learned from the nerd in a tie. He said that the Concert for Bangladesh was the 'model' for concerts and movements like 'We are the World', 'Live Aid', 'Chef Aid', and 'Farm Aid.' Wow, PBS is educational after all. Will they have 'Soccer Mom Aid' or 'Bloated demasculated outsourced unemployed Aid'? Some of those jobs done that finance Suburbia can easily move to Bangladesh I'm thinking. In fact, some already have. There I go thinking again. Why didn't they outsource the PBS call center? Now thats an idea to cutting costs. You PBS suits need to help us out a little. Bring the prices for donations to get crap down!

Last thought then I done with this: Isn't it weird that PBS would use a concert for another charity at another time to get money for charity now. Hmmm.

By the way if you want to give to PBS, here is a link. PBS.org

If you want to read a great book about outsourcing and have been under a rock for the last few years, read The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman.

No comments: