Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Cody Mac!


18 years ago, I was getting out of class early at Decatur High School to go see my brother for the first time. I was actually 17 the day he was born. I am so proud of my little brother. I have always carried a picture of him in wallet and every now and then when I get a glimpse of it, it reminds me of the fun times we all had when he was a toddler. When he was just a year old, he came with my folks to Lubbock to visit me in college. He was always a big hit with my friends, he still is.

I think my favorite memory of him is making him smile as we jumped him on the bed. That kid could giggle. Later, I had the privilege of having him with me as we worked at Summer Camp together. At first, my brother wasn't well liked by the other boys, but by the end of the summer he was everyones favorite. He is always my favorite.

I always joked that I would be old when he got to be 18. I don't know about that now. Cody Mac is an Eagle Scout, but even better than that, he has a good heart. Something I admire very much. He has dreams of becoming a filmmaker but whatever he does, he will always be only brother. Today, I will stop calling him little.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Happy birthday, from the Internets!

TXsharon said...

Awww. He is lucky to have a brother like you.