Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nobody is safe when you play Texas Tech

This team of ours gets all it can get out the talent it puts on the floor. We lose 5 straight games, but still are able to sweep #6 Texas A&M and beat #5 Kansas.

I need to get back on the blood pressure medication.

If your noticing I only post about this when we win, its because it takes me 3 days to get over a heartbreak loss. But not tonight!

Guns Up!

Texas Tech 77
at #6 Texas A&M 75

I am sending the Red Raiders a Valentines Day card. This season is like my dating record. Some nice memories, but the bad ones are so awful. I love you until you break my heart again.

4 comments:

Harry said...

Well, the OSU Cowboys are like crazy high school girls who can't have enough drama in their lives. How many double-overtime games are we going to have to endure this season? Anyway, I love the Cowgirls, but Tech should have won that one.

Kingfish said...

Hey Atticus, I am a big time sports writer now. I am part of the machine of college sports entertainment. If people start getting their priorities straight, as you suggest, I might be out of a job.

But if I didn't dwell on the defeats, I would have less credibility than an Iraqi Information minister or White House Press secretary.

Gleemonex said...

Holy BALLS, whatta game last night!! Down by as many as 11 points more than once ... heartstopping luck (good and bad) ... ignorant-ass officiating (which makes me wonder sometimes if someone isn't beholden to a bookie somewhere) ... Jackson & Zeno finding ways to make it happen ... and unlike against UT, they managed to close the frickin deal! Rawk! If they don't make the tournament, I'll ... I'll ... be really upset, man.

Kingfish said...

In my opinion, Tech needs 4 more wins to get into the Big Dance. They have Colo in town on Saturday. ISU and OSU at home as well. We have a road game at UT. We also have Baylor at home. 9-7 Conference record would be hard to pass up with the sweep of A&M and wins over Kansas and Ark.

Then the Conference tournament in OKC. 4 wins would make us a lock. 3 wins and an early tourny exit might leave some room for doubt.

At this point, no game is an easy win for Tech. We will just have to see.