Sunday, November 05, 2006

Manly Mens Weekend Notes

Under a clear Lubbock November sky, the two great football powerhouses of Baylor and Texas Tech clashed their vaunted air forces in an epic contest of will. Tech 55 Baylor 21.

Kudos to Mr. Bob Plecker, class of 19 seventy something for the great seat and postgame tailgate. Few are redder than Bob!

After the game, many barnyard animals and domestic beers were consumed with my cousins college buds. I felt like it was 1993 again. Thanks from Helmut and I on the most enjoyable afternoon and evening of college football bliss.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sucks!

Wronghorns are ranked 3rd in USA Today poll. Over-rated doesn't seem to quite fit. LSU, Arakansas, and Florida are better teams by far.

Poor Aggies. Coach Fran had the Sooners on the ropes. Why kick two field goals when down by 7 late in fourth quarter? Kinda like buying a custom trailer with BBQ Smoker then cooking year old frozen hot dogs. Mike gets that opportunity next week, there is no doubt. Were smoking some brisket.

Bob Stoops is a good football coach. That still doesn't change the fact that all of the land thief wins are hollow because they cheat. The real disappointment is he doesn't need to.

The Cowboys and Redskins, I remember the days I use to care. Now I'd rather watch a Silver Spoons marathon on Telemundo.

Bob Knight kicked his star player off the team for not keeping up with the higher than NCAA needed GPA. One day, Jay Jackson will thank him. I thank Coach Knight for providing a higher education standard for Texas Tech. I hope Jay earns his degree. I bet he returns and has a great season also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great editorial!
please pass this along: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwDE0K7VXns