Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sensational Kid Rock follow up Rant.

http://keeplubbockflat.blogspot.com/2006/07/kid-rock-marries-pamelawhy.html

Wow, what do i get? Funny quirk is I met and got to be friendly with Kid Rock's sister and her boyfriend now husband. Her name is Jill Ritchie and she is an actress. She was in a bad movie called D.E.B.S. She was good even thought the script sucked. Anyway, I met her and her parents with my ex-girlfriend at a party at her condo in Santa Monica. Extremely nice people from Michigan. I presume that Kid (don't know his given name) is also a good person judging his kin. Too bad, in my opinion, he got caught up in all that Hollywood marriage bullshit. Wish he would have kept on rocking in the music business. I guess those things are fleeting. The boy could write.
Did they break up because they needed the bad news press coverage? The old thought is any attention is good attention is guess.

But I have something more to offer here. When I posted this several months ago it was an experiment. I have a hit counter on this site and try to keep track of what my readers respond to. This particular article 'blew up' in my meager standards as a human interest piece. It wasn't near as big as some of my political postings, but I dismiss that in the context of time preceding the election. The fact is, people respond to this kind of speculative writing. Personally, I find that to be an indictment on the obtuse. Notice I said personally. Whatever floats your boat.

If you want to paddle through in your canoe in a malaise of sewage, that is your business. Be aware that that is what it is. These people are nothing but caught up in a shit cycle that starts in Hollywood and ends in you doing exactly what they want you to do. PAY ATTENTION. I'm not picking on any one person here. I am picking on you! I am also picking on me at the same time.

Why should we give a damn about these people? Need some recent examples? I don't care if Madonna adopts 6 kids. It still doesn't change the message that I see A) she doesn't really care about those kids and B) she is doing it to sell more albums in a career sagging faster than her breasts! (Make me beautiful anyone?) Why does the whole world need to be involved in the custody of a child from Africa. Never mind the countless illegitimate children spawned by her care free sexual messages of the 90's. I don't know how you atone for 20 years plus of sexual proclivity and messages of careless life. How about sending every single mom in the US a refund for the swill that is her music. 'Borderline' was good though, I hear Britney is going to do a remake called 'Federline'. Oh well, let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She is definitely on par with Bono.....not! Go forth leopard and change thou spots.

How about the Britney sex tape? I hope she gets richer on it quite frankly. I can think of no other person on this planet that needs to get paid for a sex tape more than her. As we have seen hundreds of times a day. Britney Spears is a victim of the perceived ass clown known as Kevin Federline. Who cares? Why are people fixated on this crap. Why am I? He wreaks of the trash I see on Springer. She is the mouse wife that loves her man even though he is bad. I just loathe women like that. Springer is the real genius of exploiting the misery of others.

When are you people going to realize that I am right and follow my lead?

How about we drop all that stuff and focus on what really matters in life. A BCS playoff! Think of it, 8 teams duking it out for a College Football National Championship. Just like Basketball. The Big Dance would pale in comparison in the amount of cash that would pour in. Hell, we could feed Africa and send Britney to parenting class on that.

The real issue is culture. We are what we eat in more ways than one. America, including myself, is obese. We are completely engulfed in the self gratification mirage that is really another dune in the endless ocean of message dessert. We buy more with less value in substance and real usefulness. We fill our days in the trance of the unexamined, and it is my realization it is indeed not worth living.

So what to do? Choose what you eat, watch, read, and discover carefully and vote for a college football playoff.

Rant over. I am moving this week. You figure it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiness is Lubbock, Texas growing nearer and nearer?

Kingfish said...

I think happiness is somewhere in the middle of nowhere. If your near the middle of nowhere, then your pretty damn close to Lubbock.

Anonymous said...

on a related note: http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBHKNBE0VE.html

Anonymous said...

So much for the Bush extending the olive branch....
Democrats haven't taken office yet and are already hostile:
Jim Webb, Virginia's new Democrat Senator-elect, has a son serving in Iraq. At a private White House reception, President Bush asked Webb, "How's your boy?" Webb's response was: "I'd like to get them out of Iraq." "That's not what I asked," said Bush. "How's your boy?" Webb retorted: "That's between my boy and me." A source told "The Hill" newspaper that Webb was so angered he was "tempted to slug" the President.
Pretty good for peace-niks.