Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Coffee talk


Bummer, as the DUDE would put it. I got a fancy coffee maker for Christmas. Its not that I didn't have one already, in fact this gift made the third in my possession. But because of the stature of the person giving the gift, I felt obliged to use it. Frankly, the coffee wasn't all that great. My $25 coffee pot that has seen me through the last 4 years could brew it up perfectly to my taste. Anyway, the fancy one broke down this morning.

Like the many "hot" women I am attracted to, all rife with sexual vitality, in the end they just break down too. It wasn't worth all the fuss anyway. But unlike the $25 coffee maker, I just don't dig the plain women scene. I like them, I just don't want to be with them in a relationship. I wish it was the other way around. I know this makes me shallow in the female mind, but it is what it is. I haven't had any caffeine as of yet, so please hold the harsh rebukes.

All I need is this French press, three remotes and the truth. Thanks to my laziness to not feel the need to dig up the old coffee maker, I finally had some a couple of cups thanks to the trusty French press. U2 music and some coffee, can their be anything finer on a spring day while semi-unemployed?

Abide.

EDIT: It occurred to me that my statement above is indeed shallow. It is what it is, well maybe not. I'm different now, so why should I limit myself to old attractive habits. What I think "IS" may be different. I am hoping so, and I think I might be willing to look into it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? !
I thought better of you than that Shallow Hal.
oh well, you're right... is what it is.

~paj