Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Waiting



Tom Petty, you sang my life...this week anyway.

The Purge

I still don't know. I lopped off some heads of lettuce in sacrifice to honor the great and almighty HR department at the beloved institution. If that isn't enough, then its just not meant to be.

Emotions can get the best of you

I think I tweaked my wrist punching a heavy bag at the gym. A song came on my MP3 player and made me think of something sinister in my past that happened between the LOS and ANGELES of my time. There is the Kappa and the Alpha, the ski and the bum, the drunk and the stupid, and the Boy and the Scout. Everything else doesn't have an "and the" in it.

Shack is back

One of my oldest friends that I lost touch with said that I was, "all over the place." Honey, you don't even know. Through the miracle of Myspace technology old friends can link up, swap nasty pictures (not that I do this), and send each other well wishes. I like it but I am not addicted to it. One of my other friends is completely obsessed with picking up women on the site. Dude, thats not your best idea you ever prosecuted. Just don't end up on Dateline, and don't judge people harshly based upon how cute or cool they "pimped" their page. Yours sucks by the way.

20,000 miles to an oasis

This is the period of time where I am just so put off with the general malaise of government, politics, and news that I just tune out. I see through it like Superman vision. But I am not Superman, and I don't really know what's happening. R.E.M. stream of reverse conscience if you will. Texarkana is my favorite though. "Catch me if I fall." It is a great song.

When in Rome

It amazes me how completely fooled the general public and especially news viewing public are when it comes to politics. Seems so obvious to me. You want to fight a War? Then fight the damn thing and win, don't just tread blood all over Baghdad. OK, so you cannot win the War. THEN how about we pull back and re-assess. But wait, with so much on the line why didn't we prepare to win, rather than prepare to get bogged down. Makes no sense. The only foreign power to successfully, for lack of a better term, govern that part of the world is the Romans. If you want to be Rome then you better get nasty like they had to. Otherwise, it isn't happening. I can't help but think of Fox News whenever I see the "newsreader" character on the HBO series Rome.







1 comment:

mzchief said...

I LOVED the HBO series Rome. I was CRUSHED and truly saddened when I learned that last Sunday's episode was the SERIES finale. Rome was the type of series that could have run through seven HUNDRED years until the sacking of Rome in 410 c.e. by the Visigoths.

I WILL greatly miss Rome.