Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It dont matter whos down in Austin!







Bob Wills is still the king! I never get tired of that music. My grandparents were even bigger fans. They use to go square dance every week to some Western Swing joint in or around Ft. Worth. My favorite song of all time is 'Faded Love'. I am also always happy to hear 'Milk Cow Blues' and 'Eighter from Decatur.'

By my screwed up standards, Bob Wills has to be the one of the greatest Texans of all time! I know that every summer the town of Turkey has a big Bob Wills festival. Its down there in the most beautiful part of the entire State of Texas. Turkey barely sits in Hall County but is next to metropolitan area of Quitaque, TX.

Speakin of Quitaque, One of our dearest poker buddies is from there. He is the best assistant football coach in the history of LISD. Cant mention his name of yet because I dont have his permiso. Maybe I can get an interview with him on my bird huntin expose.

The bottom line is you just dont meet or visit with anybody finer than those great people of West Texas. God Bless all y'all.

Well anyway, Bob Wills is the king, and I've decided to go on a honky tonk kick for the next two weeks....watch out liver!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey russ!
i came across a blogger from Wise County, tejas

thought you'd enjoy:
http://skattershooting.blogspot.com

-Patrick

Kingfish said...

Patrick..that dude is my ole mans law pad'ner. I am surprised to report this but I dont really know him at all.

Anonymous said...

wow, what a coin-tha-dince.
mmhhmmmmm