Saturday, November 26, 2005

My El Guapo is cigarettes!

"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large man who wants to kill us."

-Lucky Day from 'Three Amigos'

Cigarettes can kill you. A statement we have often heard in our lives, yet for smokers its simply disregarded. I have been smoke free for 22 days today. I can feel my body slowly regaining strength from 10 years of on and off damage. It took two trips to the hospital in a span of 8 days to finally convince myself to put them down for good. How focking stupid is that?

I quit cold turkey, but not really. I was in the hospital shot up full of drugs and chemicals to 'find out' what is going on with my heart. I remember laying prone and being left behind by the nurse wheeling me to my cat scan. I just layed there pathetic, overweight, pissed off, and alone. You just either get it at that point or ya dont! I didn't really make a decision to quit, I'm just not going to smoke anymore. There is a difference between the two. The term quit indicates, at least to me, you might do it again at a party or bar or every morning after ya get outta here. Thats bullshit and sucks donkey balls! When this smoker simply says, not decides, but SAYS, hey screw this I'm not going to do this, its done.........ITS FINALLY OVER. Thats it and thats all there is to it. I may go down eventually, but it damn sure aint going to be from that.

So if you smoke I got some sage focking advice for ya. Dont buy a bunch of patches, gum, or hire some hack ass hypnotist......and whatever you do DONT QUIT! Just dont smoke. You either get it or ya dont. Dont beat yourself up about it. Overcome and conquer your El Guapo, then enjoy the hell out of it.






No comments: