Friday, January 05, 2007

Also on this day...


Buddy Holly releases his last record in 1959 called, "It doesn't matter."

And I hate to mention this but Boston Red Sox player Babe Ruth was sold to the Yankees in 1920. This moment in history is also partially responsible for one of my break-ups with a former girlfriend. She knew nothing about baseball and after i explained the 'curse' during the 2004 American League Championship Series she started rooting for the Yankees because, "my best friend lives in New York." It was the proof I rediscovered about women/girls in my childhood. Girls are mean and were happy that Darth Vader killed Obeonekanobe.

After the Red Sox broke their curse, I broke mine a month later.

Today, the Lubbock Urban Achievers bowling team and social club begin league play.

1 comment:

Harry said...

Mmmm, Darth Vader!