Friday, January 26, 2007

Healthy Lifestyle update


I have gotten a few emails about my status and the expected "what are you doing?" questions.

By status or stats, I have lost 26lbs in 58 days. Probably more because I'm fairly sure I was over 315lbs. I feel better and realize that as good as that is stats wise, I still have a long way to go to be optimum. As of Monday, I weighed 290.5lbs.

My goal is to wear a red Speedo to the Tech-SMU game in September and look dead sexy. Hey, if you got it, flaunt it!

What am I doing?

I exercise on a Cybex elliptical trainer. For those that do not know, it is a machine at my gym that makes me feel as though I'm running up stairs, but it isn't a stair climber. I am able to stay at a high exertion rate for 40 minutes now. It burns over 600 calories in that time. I do this 5 times a week.

I also lift weights 6 days a week. 2 days upper body, 2 days "core" or mid section, 2 days lower body. 3 days a week I punch a heavy bag and do speed punching drills for about 15 minutes. The boxing really takes it out of me. I rest on the day I bowl in my league.

I am probably burning close or over 1000 calories a day by exercise.

What do I eat and drink?

Well let's just start by listing what I have completely cut out:

Soft Drinks
Chinese buffets
Fast food with exception of tacos once a week

Here is what I eat and drink every day:

1 Liter of Organic Green Tea
3 cups of coffee
over 100oz. of reverse osmosis bottled water
1 glass of Cabernet
6oz of Organic Orange Juice
1.5 teaspoons of powdered wheat grass
2 tablets of purified omega-3

Breakfast

5 days is Kashi 7 grain cereal with %2 Organic milk.
2 days 3 organic eggs

Lunch

Organic Chicken breast tenderloin meat 4oz serving
Half an avocado
tomato

Dinner

Salmon steak-6 oz
Asparagus or Broccoli or Spinach
Hummus or Red-Green Bell Pepper


Once a week I eat a meal of whatever I want. This week I had Shepard's Pie at an Irish pub. I also eat organic chips and salsa on Sundays. I only drink beer on Friday's at the bowling center, although I did have 2 Guinness with the Pie.

Like I stated, I still have a long way to go to get optimum, but still even further in making this lifestyle work for more than just a short period of time. The hardest part for me is getting up in the morning and eating something first thing. Sometimes I just do not want to, or forget to, and it ends up making me hungry and sluggish for the rest of the afternoon and evening. If I do eat early, I'm great.

I also have completely gone organic in everything as far as hygiene and cleanliness. Soap, Shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, deoderant etc. I have yet to make the switch to organic in laundry and dish soap, but I'm good where I am at.





5 comments:

Harry said...

Re: 1 Liter of Organic Green Tea
3 cups of coffee
over 100oz. of reverse osmosis bottled water
1 glass of Cabernet
6oz of Organic Orange Juice
1.5 teaspoons of powdered wheat grass
2 tablets of purified omega-3

Do you have an IV hooked up? How in the world can you drink so much? I have a hard time getting one bottled water down and I sometimes just count the milk from my cereal as hydration for the day.

Kingfish said...

I sweat more than the entire C&C Music Factory on Padre Island beach during Spring Break 1991 after one of my heavy workouts.

I'm also verbally obese.

TXsharon said...

1. You are killing me over at LL. LOL.

2. Congrats! You are doing great but I don't think you are getting nearly enough protein. What about a protein shake?

According to my son who is a power lifter, you need about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight to help build muscle. If you build muscle, it will boost your metabolism because muscle burns more... Hell, I'm sure you know all that.

Kingfish said...

I am German, I don't need zee extra protein because I absorb it through my pores in zee air.

Kingfish said...

I can. Where can I obtain?