Saturday, July 29, 2006

Poker jihad


Yesterday, I struck a blow for the war on terror. I was in a poker tournamnet online with a 'terrorist' from the West Bank. (players on Poker Stars can see where you are from.) He was very upset that I drew out against his set(3 of a kind) to make a flush. Hey, it happens. Well, this 'terrorist' goes on tilt and was typing 'Death to America' and 'Cher sucks' and the like. So being the true patriot I am I decided right there to prevent him from winning the online poker tournament. My mind was racing with the evil he could buy with money he won from us infidels playing cards. I kept his anger up because I knew he would be more likely to make a critical mistake. I responded to his insults by telling him about my new house and asking how the rock throwing business was these days. Should have alot of rubble around I was thinking. I asked if he had to go to rock throwing class at Yassir Arafat U to get that job. Slowly he started to retreat in chips then finally I eliminated him with anticlimatic two pair. Nevertheless, that is less money for evil. I should get a medal or at least half off at Fatburger for this. God Bless Texas hold'em!

I am watching the updates streaming from Cardplayer.com The main event ($10,000 a seat in case you have been under a rock.) is the life changing contest held every year in Vegas that my friends and I have dreamt about playing in for about 5 years. Yada Yada Yada...big deal! If you miss the updates, ESPN will be playing it at least 3 times a day for the rest of the year.

As line the obscure line from Swingers goes, "perhaps you would be more comfortable at one of our lower stakes tables." I am playing in $4.40 sitngo's on Poker Stars. I have been playing quite well lately. I have doubled my money three times just playing in those tournaments. If I double up 5 more times I can buy my very own seat next year. Poker teaches and rewards aggressive patience. Write that down. In the words of the Doobie Brothers, "I aint got no worries cause I aint in no hurry at all."

No comments: