Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ron Grant: the Voice




Please allow me to politic a bit. As many of you may or may not know, Paul Archinal is retiring after this season as the Voice of the Goin Band from Raiderland. I always mock his call of the Goin Bands tribute to Phil Collins back in the early 90's. Paul was always professional but there was always a hint of fun. I think that Ron Grant will continue in that tradition.

But here are the real reasons why I want Ron to win.

1. He's from Ralls and I promise if he wins the post I will erect a sign in Ralls that states, "Ralls, Texas: Hometown of Ron Grant the voice of the Goin Band from Raiderland." I promise it will be much better than the one O'Donell has proclaiming its Dan Blocker Heritage.

2. Ron needs a new blazer. I would love to see Ron in a Red Blazer on Saturdays in fall.

3. Ron will need an entourage and I will gladly volunteer.

4. Ron really wants it and he bleeds the red and black!

Good luck Ron and wreck em at the performance at Homecoming.

No comments: