Friday, December 29, 2006

Camp Shalom fall season to ends today

GAMEDAY!

The unprepared Texas Tech Red Raiders take the field for the last time in 2006 tonight at the Insight Bowl (7pm on NFL Network). I just want to go on the record now and state, I am not convinced Head Coach Mike Leach has got this team ready to win. I better be wrong. We pay him 1.65 MILLION dollars to have them ready.

Minnesota will be ready. They have beaten some good teams in recent years in post season play, winning three of there last four bowls with some close losses. Here is their recent history.

Music City Bowl-- Virginia 34, Minnesota 31
Music City Bowl-- Minnesota 20, Alabama 16
Sun Bowl-- Minnesota 31, Oregon 30
Music City Bowl-- Minnesota 29, Arkansas 14
MicronPC.com Bowl-- N.C. State 38, Minnesota 30
Sun Bowl Oregon 24, Minnesota 20

Minnesota has a good running game, something that will benefit them well against the Tech Defense. If they can control the clock and finish drives, then I do not think Tech will win.

Honestly, I have no idea how the Tech offense will do against the Golden Gopher defense. Let's hope the Tech offense that played Baylor, and not the one that played Colorado, comes to Tempe. I just have a hard time believing that Tech is ready with only hour and twenty minute practices leading up to the game. That pisses me off frankly. Bowl preparation is also an opportunity to get more repetitions for the underclassmen players on the squad that will be used next season. Maybe develop some damn depth?

We shall see. If they do not win this game, then lets light that fire. Of course, I must confess that I felt similar before the 2004 Holiday Bowl. A performance like that would calm us Techsans down, and provide 9 months of afterglow. We need that erotic like bliss to sustain us through to the Red-Black game, and it would be nice to salvage something from this awful year.

KEEP LUBBOCK FLAT MVP-2006

My Uncle Brent better known by my friends as "Camp Shalom" is this years recipient. Brent cooked all night at the TCU tailgate party and probably fed 2000 Tech fans with his old ATO fraternity brothers. Brent also scored me tickets to two home games and provided us with his special brand of humor and fun this season. Thanks again!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confidence! Tech prevails today..

Kingfish said...

Hitler had confidence before invading Russia, as did Napoleon. Not sure how this equates to major college football, but I can't think of anything else. I will gladly eat crow.

Helmut said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kingfish said...

I have a write up for you Helmut for New Years eve.

No need to fret.