Friday, December 15, 2006

The Dead Zone


The time between the regular season and the bowl season seems like an eternity. If you only knew. I am reduced to watching South American Club Soccer playoffs. Congrats to Estudiantes! They are the new club champions of Argentina. They beat Boca Juniors 2-1 with two goals in the final 30 minutes. Barcelona plays Internacional for the Club World Cup on Fox Sports El Paso on Sunday. It ought to be as intense as Floydada versus Ralls. Good times!

The bowl season will finally kick into high gear in two weeks. I am not looking forward to watching Tech play Minnesota. Only bad things can happen. More on that to come. On a high note, I am really looking forward to the Chinamen playing on television. I haven't seen them all season.

The Insight Bowl will be broadcast on NFL Network, which is only available on certain satellite companies and not Suddenlink Cable. Bummer. Lubbock is in a slight uproar about it, like we don't have sports bar to watch it.

I will be posting my bowl picks in a few days. I'm still unsure about who to pick in several monumental contests. I can already tell you I am picking against Tech.

Why? They wont show up. They will be there, but I fear that Tech will not be as intense in preparation leading up to the game like the vaunted (6-6) Golden Gophers will. I hope I am wrong.

Two South Plains teams are playing for State Championships this weekend. Good luck to the Littlefield Wildcats (2A) and Jayton Jaybirds (6-man).

No comments: