Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lubbock Urban Achievers Bowling team needs you!


Flatlanders and those that wish you were,

Since my move to Lubbock, I have decided to create a bowling team. Lifestyles of the Poor and Pathetic will now concentrate on the chronicles of this team. For now, the team will be called the LUBBOCK URBAN ACHIEVERS. Colors will be red and black of course. Almost anyone can join the team but not all will participate in league play. There will however be opportunities to be social and raise hell.

My goal is to have the worst team with the rowdiest following. I plan on bringing Lubbock Competitive Bowling to its knees! I am serious as a nihilist about this!

There will be fees, although I am not sure how much yet. The fees will sponsor our team in bowling league play, provide a swanky custom bowling shirt to members, and pay for a few "social events" every season.

Here is the rub, every year we will take some cash from yearly operations and provide a scholarship for a student to attend Texas Tech. That way we can be drinking for kids. Something we can all be proud of!

If you are interested in becoming a founding member of Lubbock Urban Achievers, please contact me at keeplubbockflat@suddenlink.net

Your Dudefather,

Kingfish

No comments: