Friday, December 02, 2005

Eye heart Halliburton.





I just got finished reading this Halliburtonwatch

I'm going to take a slightly different look at this company, but before I do that I want to set down some observations. After that I'm going to ask one question.

1. Oil is important, in fact it is so important we will pay over $3 a gallon for it.

2. Iraq has Oil, lots of it.

Because of these facts, U.S. citizens and leaders need to consider the current position in Iraq and the Middle East in a much different light. The debate centers around the how and why of the actions taken by the current Executive and Legislative branches of government. It's the same tired arguments every day on print and electronic media. However, has anyone really considered the upside of being in Iraq from a purely capitalist standpoint?

The answer is obviously YES. Halliburton is reaping the direct benefits of becoming the exploitation arm of the greatest capitalist country ever. Record profits by many oil and production companies have investors screaming, Arbusto! Is anyone else winning the war in Iraq. May I remind you that American taxpayers pay for this war. THINK ABOUT THAT! I dont have a voice modulation problem, I have a pay for war coming and going problem. Now for my question.

What is in it for me? What do I get?

Better yet, Halliburton can I have a job?

Sorry that was three questions.

No comments: