Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Your so vain, I bet you think this blog is about you.




"You’re so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You’re so vain, I’ll bet you think this song is about you
Don’t you? don’t you? "


Let me break it down for you this way, if she was singing to me, I would take the bet! Because, the song is about me, since it refers to me in the lyrics. But in actuality the song is about you, since it refers to you. So in that case I would advise you to take the bet. So what is the bet?


"I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and...
Well I hear you went up to saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to nova scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well you’re where you should be all the time
And when you’re not you’re with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and..."


Okay, I get the imaginative iliteration about the clouds. But I have several problems to deal with here. In Saratoga, New York there is an actual horse track, link here. Nova Scotia is only 857 miles away from the track, somewhat significant, but it is only a scant 2 degrees north latitude. With this in mind, couldn't the same total eclipse be seen from Saratoga? Yes it could. So why the need for a Canadian reference? Marketing maybe?

Next point, how can he be where he should be all the time? Because are we to buy Carly's presumption that being with an underworld spy and the wife of a close friend are bad? I think not! I am not buying it! Because he either is where is supposed to be all the time or he isn't and it simply cant be both.

Now I could go on here, But Carly needs to revise this thing completely. I'm done wiff dis!

2 comments:

Helmut said...

But at least James got to tag dat! She was seeing some fire and rain fooo shooo!

Anonymous said...

duuuuude...
it's obviously about Joe Wilson.

"Well you’re where you should be all the time
And when you’re not you’re with
Some underworld spy..."

Carly outed Valerie Plame!

-PA