Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wes Anderson Films

















25 years from now if these movies aren't required viewing at film school, then Western Civilization has ceased to exist.

How many movies have a different side to them? To me, nobody does the subtle 'retro' smart, depth, sarcastic humor better. In fact, it isn't possible unless it is a Wes Anderson movie. Without going into the pointless synopsis analysis ad hoc caveats about each movie, I would rather remark about the look and feel of it. Each movie has a clean, haughty, and pristine picture. That is, each scene is shot in a way that makes the backround seem interesting and right. Wes is a genius, think about it. You laugh at the situations and dialogue and at the same moment feel the emotions for all characters regardless of thier protagonist/antagonist status. Who does that? The characters are always in the best of situations, and in a cross but pleasant mood.

The point of this is to set up my next piece, working tilte is, "I quit my job and my Rushmore today."

1 comment:

Kingfish said...

ok Ron i will get that done.