Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I started riding a bike again...here's an action shot




The only embarrassing moment was getting heckled by 4th graders while they passed me on their Super Big Wheels.






I am pre-starting my fitness program. That means the exercise without the diet. The great thing about my hacienda local is the bike trails link up the entire city...Awesome! Riding a bike is so good for you, plus it is less stress on your knees and joints. The thing I think is funny is, as I go by on my bike, people stare at me like I'm a circus freak. I'm damn near 300lbs, 6'4 of big ass Texan, thats probably the explanation. I scream obsenities in Italian if they look at me weird, and they run off. I'm great with kids.

The bikes these days are made with lightweight material, and I'm not so sure how they are going to hold up to the stress. In fact, today I was cruising through my first 3 miles when the pedal crank came off. I tried to repair it but no dice, so I had to hoof it back to the hacienda. I was remarkably calm and happy the whole walk back. I got home, ate a burrito, okay i had two, then I hopped in my truck to retreive the stranded bike.

After I got my bike, I went back to the bike store and the 20 year old sales girl was great. She went to the back and brought out a new bike. I refused to again buy the warranty because I figured I was going to wear out this one in less than 90 days and need a new one. See I'm not going to buy a $1200 Bike just yet. I know that window for being competitive on the world class level is closing, so I probably need to stay with a cheaper ride.

Below is what I'm aspiring to be:

1 comment:

McKay said...

I was thinking about starting up my pre new years fitness today also. But then I put in another DVD. Maybe tomorrow.