Saturday, December 17, 2005

Pop Culture for PBS kids: Land of the Lost


It occurred to me the other day that this medium could be of some use to other people, particularly the more literate of my massive audience. You see, literate people spent their time in their formative youth developing their brains. They can have intelligent conversations about 'Connections' and 'Nova' Now, I have watched these programs too, but it was only in a classroom and never on my own volition. Oh and just in case you dont know what those shows are about then dont worry, you can probably get them on box set, as I dont think PBS has come up with its TV LAND channel just yet.

So for those of you that need some guidance, here are my suggestions to catching up with the rest of Generation X.



If you want to know why Xers are so screwed up, its because we watched to much Sid and Marty Krofft shows. I do not advise watching them all, but one should at least be able to know what a Sleestak is and how it moves and sounds...danger sound! The Land of the Lost has all of the nuiances of a great show. It always begins with a chilling intro song.

I have always said that Speilberg ripped off the Land of the Lost 'concept' when he made that weak dinosaur movie. Has someone just made a remake of LOTL it would have rocked way better. Every kid I knew that was a dude had a major crush on Holly, even though she was so stupid. Will, the brother was always a hothead. The Dad, Rick Marshall, was cool. But again, Speilberg ripped him off when he did the Indiana Jones movies.

The only thing missing is the weak link in the show, Chaka. Chaka spoke in acient pig latin. The only cool thing was Chaka reciting the nativity scene in the Old Testament.Chaka speech. Hows that for intelligent design?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be fair, Land of the Lost was pretty normal compared to some of the other Krofft stuff. I mean, Sleestak's are f'd up, but they're better than Bugaloos or HR Puffenstuff.

Kingfish said...

Agreed...more on Sid and Marty to come, but no one better argue with my Speilberg ripped everything off from the Kroffts theory.

Anonymous said...

Chaka spoke in ancient pig latin!?! Wierd.... I understand everything he/she says...

...still.

-P